Tuesday, May 22, 2012

James turns 2 Years Old!


James turned two in May.  He loves fire trucks, so I spent way too much time making him a fire truck cake.

It was a double decker chocolate fudge cake :-)

It was a super windy day, so the candles didn't last long.

We sang the fire truck song as well as happy birthday.


We had a few friends come to the party



James was a big fan of the cake!
Do I have to stop eating cake?


Maybe opening these presents won't be that bad.


A Ball!!!
Off to the hoop.

Frandsen up to the right of the hoop . . .

and he scores!!  The crowd goes wild!

He was too interested in his ball to open any more presents . . .

So I had to do it for him.

The bubbles I gave as party favors were a big hit.


And now for the big gift, a new rider car!


Move over boys, she's all mine!

James take a few minutes to figure out the gears.

And he is off!!!

But wait!  He spots an even better rider toy!  He ditched his new birthday toy for another kid's Y Bike.

He cried buckets of tears when he had to finally get off and go home for the night.  So Grandma Frandsen and some of his aunts bought him his own blue Y bike at his family birthday party.  Lucky boy!

Another new toy he liked from a friend.  The kid is nuts about tractors!

Check'n out the wheels.

James spotted whipped cream in the fridge.

His dad had the bright idea of letting him squirt it into his hand.  Yum!

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is an amazing cake! And I', ashamed to admit I've never heard of the fire truck song...

Mele said...

Happy Birthday James! Amazing job on the cake Jamie! You are becoming a pro at transfers. :) You look adorable prego, btw.