Last year's Palmer N8K 5 mile race I had to just be in the cheering section. This year I got to run!
For the past year, pretty much every run I go on I am carting James along in the jogging stroller. This time Chad took the jogging stroller and let me go on my own. Running by myself felt like a breeze!
Can you see who is behind me? That is right. An athletic looking black guy and several other male suckers who are about to be beat by a girl :-)
Turns out I won 1st Place in my age division for the 5 mile race. I was the 6th woman to cross the finish line and I even won a prize!
Chad happy to have married a winner :-) James is looking happy to hear we are on our way to scout out a garage sale to look for a new rider toy.
We came home from the sale with not just one, but two new toys (the ones on the left). We are hoping one of these toys in the line up will win the prize of teaching James to walk!
James, however, prefers more sophisticated toys, like the digital camera. Here he is army crawling towards my camera, the little turkey.
Maybe it's all of the running, or maybe it's just one of those magic photos when you actually look thinner in a picture than you really are. Regardless, I decided it would be good to document this illusion of a flat stomach . . . before child #2 thinks it is time to come along and cohabitate.





3 comments:
I loved this post for so many reasons. Congrats on how awesome you did in the race!! That is so cool! I like all of James' toys, and the army crawling picture. :) And, of course the flat-belly picture. Any news on the cohabitation plans? ;-)
you look fabulous! and yes, enjoy that flat tummy of yours!!! i'm scared to see what #3 will do to mine! ahhh!!
nice job on the race! you've always been an amazing runner...how lucky for chad to have a winner of a wife!!
lastly, nice finds at the garage sales! but i'd say enjoy the "calm before the storm" ...once he starts walking he just keeps picking up speed from there! ha! he's a cutie!!
Way to go Jamie! So awesome! So glad you found some riding toys. They look great! :)
Post a Comment